The AVENTAGE CX-A5100 11.2-Channel A/V Preamplifier from Yamaha features 3D surround formats, network functions such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatibility, and full 4K support with HDCP 2.2 compatible HDMI. In combination with the MX-A5000 power amplifier, you can experience a 3D sound field and Yamaha digital signal processing with CINEMA DSP HD3 in an 11.2-channel speaker configuration or a 7.1.4-channel configuration with Dolby Atmos or DTS:X surround sound formats. This device includes digital-to-analog conversion for all channels, as well as advanced HDMI zone switching that allows A/V switching to multiple zones. The 11.2-Channel Preamplifier offers 4K Ultra HD video upscaling with High Dynamic Range (HDR) support via its HDMI 2.0a inputs.
With the free MusicCast app, the CX-A5100 can be expanded to deliver wireless multi-room audio playback, all controlled by an app. The preamplifier also supports AirPlay, Spotify, Pandora, and other music streaming services through the free AV Controller app. The AVENTAGE CX-A5100 is constructed with an aluminum front panel, an H-shape cross member frame, and a rigid bottom frame.
Noise Resistant, Highly Reliable Balanced Connections and High Quality XLR Terminals for Long Subwoofer Cables
Electrical noise may be generated from connections with other AV components, including the connections between them as well as from external noise sources. To ensure that the CX-A5100 is not affected by this distortion, it uses balanced connections that are highly noise resistant t the same type generally used in pro audio equipment. Even the unbalanced RCA connection uses a ground-sensing transmission method that achieves a simple and balanced transmission. When each channel is used independently, the impact of noise flowing between the preamp and power-amp is removed, minimizing sound quality deterioration due to the connection. XLR terminals allow for the use of long cables that may be needed to connect a subwoofer. The CX-A5100 also has a balanced audio input connection to high-grade source components such as CD players.
Sound Tuning Achieved with High Quality Parts for Optimum Performance
Every single part in an AV receiver affects the sound quality. For AVENTAGE models, extra time is taken to find (or develop) the exact parts needed to achieve the highest performance possible. Sound technicians go through a testing process to, in effect, “tune” the receiver’s sound.
High Density Presence and Richly Detailed Sound Ensured by High Quality Parts and Design
All channels use ultra-high performance ESS ES9016 DACs, which provide 192 kHz / 32-bit processing with a superior SN ratio and high dynamic range, ensuring faithful reproduction from Blu-ray Discs and other players, as well as from high-resolution source inputs over the network. Matched to the design of the DAC circuitry, which achieves stable ground potential (DAC on Pure Ground), they provide high-precision D/A conversion. A new Volume IC realizes low noise and superior sound orientation and a superior low-jitter clock circuit is used for clear and vivid network audio. In addition, the internal design separates the power supplies to the analog circuit boards, eliminating high frequency noise interference from the digital circuitry. The shielded power supplies restrict noise radiation and the large power transformer minimizes vibration.
Specially Designed High Rigidity Chassis Eliminates the Effects of Vibration for Greater Sound Purity
As part of this preamp processors no compromise design, Yamaha created an advanced chassis with strong rigidity. Chassis stiffness is enhanced by a three-ply structure that incorporates an independent top cover, aluminum side panels and an H-shaped cross frame. The ART (Anti-Resonance Technology) Wedge in the center of the bottom cover acts as an additional vibration countermeasure for the internal circuits and delicate parts.
Aluminum Front Panel Offers Visual and Aural Benefits
All of the AVENTAGE components feature the same sleek, clean design, with an elegant aluminum front panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. The aluminum front panel is used to effectively shield sensitive circuitry from external noise and electronic radiation generated by dimmer switches, fluorescent lighting, video monitors and so on. This ensures optimum sonic performance in the widest range of installation environments.
Access all of your music with a simple app and wirelessly stream it throughout your home using your existing Wi-Fi® network.
- Stream it all. Listen to Pandora®, Spotify, Napster, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer, thousands of free internet radio stations and the music stored on your smart devices and computers.
- Wireless connectivity. All MusicCast products are fully loaded with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® and AirPlay®.
- Expand to a whole home audio experience. When you’re ready, add MusicCast wireless speakers, sound bars or other devices in up to 9 other rooms and listen throughout your home.
- No wires, easy installation. By using MusicCast, you don't need to fuss with placing wires through walls into other rooms.
Alexa on MusicCast
Amazon Alexa-enabled devices — including Echo, Dot, Tap and Show — can now control key functions of any MusicCast product using voice commands. Discover a new, exciting way to control music and entertainment experiences in your home.
Wireless operation more convenient than ever. The CX-A5100 is equipped with the latest Bluetooth technology to stream music to Bluetooth speakers for added audio coverage or to Bluetooth headphones for private listening.
4K Ultra HD Full Support with 4K60p, HDCP2.2, HDR* Video and BT.2020 pass-through
This AV receiver completely supports with the latest HDMI standards. Thanks to transmission of 4K video at 60 frames per second pass-through, you can fully enjoy the high definition video quality of 4K without degradation. It also adheres to the HDCP2.2 copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission. It also supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video which provide enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. Furthermore it supports wider color gamut of BT.2020 pass-through.
*A future firmware update will be required to enable HDR.
Yamaha AVENTAGE CX-A5100 11.2-Channel AV Preamplifier
Surround Sound Processing
- Cinema DSP HD3
- 33 DSP Programs
- Dialog Level Adjustment
- Virtual Presence Speaker (with Virtual Rear Presence Speakers)
- Dialogue Lift (no presence speakers required)
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP
- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby Digital Plus
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- Pure Direct (with video on mode)
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- High-resolution Music Enhancer
- YPAO multi-point measurement (with R.S.C., 3D, and angle measurement)
- YPAO Volume
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control)
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting
- A.R.T. Wedge
- Audio Delay : 0 to 500 ms
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels (ESS Technology ES9016S SABRE32™ Ultra DAC + ESS Technology ES9006A SABRE™ Premier Audio DAC x 2)
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling (4K 60p 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D pass-through
- HDMI Audio Return Channel
- Component upscaling
- HDMI upscaling (analog to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI)
- Video adjustment
- Deep Color / x.v.Color / 24Hz Refresh Rate / Auto Lip-Sync
- 8 x HDMI (1 x front)
- 1 x USB (front)
- 3 x Optical digital audio
- 3 x Coaxial digital audio
- 1 x XLR balanced analog audio
- 1 x 5.1 multi-channel
- 1 x Phono
- 8 x Stereo RCA (1 x front)
- 3 x Component video
- 5 x Composite video (1 x front)
- 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm IR remote
- 1 x 75 ohm coaxial FM antenna
- 1 x AM loop antenna
- 2 x HDMI
- 1 x Component video
- 1 x Composite video
- 1 x Headphone (front)
- 1 x XLR balanced preout (11.2-channel)
- 1 x RCA unbalanced preout (11.2-channel)
- 2 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm 12 V Trigger
- 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm IR remote
- On-screen display : Graphical User Interface
- SCENE : SCENE PLUS (12 sets)
- App Control : iPhone® / iPad® / Android™ phone / tablet
- Web Browser Control
- Remote Control Unit : Preset, learning, macro, full LED backlight
- Zone 2 Audio Output : Preout, HDMI
- Zone 3 Audio Output : Preout
- Zone 4 Audio Output : HDMI
- Zone Video Output : HDMI, Component, Composite
- Zone HDMI : Advanced HDMI zone switching
- Zone B Output : HDMI
- Zone GUI
- Party Mode
With Antenna Upright : 17-1/8”W x 9-3/4”H x 18-5/8”D
Without Antenna : 17-1/8”W x 7-1/2”H x 18-5/8”D
Specifications are subject to change without notice
Absolute quality for when the very best is your option. With years of expertise in designing audio / video receivers and preamplifier processors, Yamaha has gone a step further with its highest offering in the AVENTAGE lineup. Meet the CX-A5100 preamp processor, built from the ground up to be a powerhouse for the most demanding of home theater enthusiasts. Experience three-dimensional surround sound formats with the next generation in audio / video technologies like never before. Tap into advanced Yamaha digital signal processing with CINEMA DSP HD3, utilize the best built-in functions for customization and enjoy the latest home theater technologies that are offered today. Now with MusicCast, this device can be expanded to deliver wireless multiroom audio playback, all controlled by a simple app.
- AVENTAGE build standards designed to deliver the highest level of audio performance
- Aluminum front panel, H-shape cross member frame and rigid bottom frame
- 11.2-channel preamplifier with balanced XLR outputs (including subwoofer outputs)
- Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ up to 7.2.4-channel
- CINEMA DSP HD3 expands the sound field vertically for more thrilling and realistic surround sound
- Add audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast
- Voice control using your Alexa device like Echo or Echo Dot
- 8-in, 2-out HDMI® with 4K Ultra HD pass-through and upscaling
- Advanced HDMI zone switching (Zone 2)
- HDCP 2.2, high dynamic range (HDR) and BT.2020 compatibility
- Professional digital-to-analog conversion (ESS SABRE™ Ultra DAC ES9016S) for all channels
- Fully loaded with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth, AirPlay® and Spotify Connect
- Stream Pandora®, Spotify, Napster, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer and thousands of free internet radio stations
- DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz, FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit, Apple® Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
- Phono input to connect to your favorite turntable
- Room acoustics optimization using YPAO™- R.S.C. with 3D, 64-bit precision EQ calculation and angle measurement