Modern turntable with advanced suspension system, glass platter and specially designed tonearm.
The TD 309 sets new standards in analogue replay. The turntable's innovative three-point-suspension (Tri-Balance) ensures perfect balance in both mechanical and aesthetic terms. Form and function work in harmony to make the TD 309 a turntable that is guaranteed to reveal the magic of analogue replay.
The TP 92 tonearm, which was specially designed for Thorens turntables, uses an ultra-low-friction bearing and an innovative magnetic anti-bias system with zero stiction. The arm tube is made from rolled aluminium that is damped using RMR (Reduced Modal Resonance) technology. The brass counterweight at the end of the arm tube is double-decoupled, and the tonearm is so designed that its centre of gravity is level with the stylus.
- New innovative Tri-Balance suspended sub chassis turntable
- New suspension system to make setting up easy
- Low Noise, Low Voltage electronically speed controlled DC Motor
- Adjustable belt tension for best performance
- Aluminium sub platter with single line contact
- Fused silica platter for consistency and sound quality
- New low resonance TP 92 arm with precision Japanese bearings
- Arm adjustable for azimuth and overhang
Dust Cover for TD 309 (clear acrylic).
Thorens TD 309 Tri-Balance Turntable
Drive System: belt-drive (flat belt around sub-platter)
Motor: servo-controlled DC Motor
Speeds: 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm
Speed Change: Electronic
Platter: 12" (glass)
Tonearm: THORENS® TP 92
Pick-up Cartridge: THORENS® TAS 267
Anti-skating (Bias): by magnet
Automatic Shut-off: none
Power Supply: external plug-in power supply, 12 V DC/AC, 6 W min.
Dimensions: 470 x 125 x 430 mm (W x H x D)
Weight: 6.5 kg
Finish: MDF plinth with laquer in red, black or white (high gloss) / red or black (matte)
Scope of Delivery: power supply, RCA interconnects, stylus gauge, spirit level, cartridge alignment protractor