The VSX-LX305 ELITE 9.2-Channel AV Receiver brings multi-dimensional excitement to your home entertainment. Featuring DIRAC Live® Room Correction, the VSX-LX305 is designed and built to be the cornerstone to delivering the ultimate experience for your movies, music, and gaming.
IMAX® Enhanced means movies, concerts, and streaming games are delivered with heart-pounding sound and crisp visual enhancements to bring the world into your home theater, just as the filmmakers and sound editors intended. Featuring two HDMI-out options and 100-watts of continuous power per channel, the VSX-LX 305 AV receiver delivers uncompressed HDMI 8K/4K transfer at 40 Gbps, increasing the bandwidth over its predecessors and maximizing Next-Gen Gaming features.
Stream songs throughout your home and watch whatever you want in multiple rooms in up to 8K HD. The Pioneer Elite VSX-LX305 is truly next level.
The VSX-LX305 is designed for optimum IMAX® Enhanced and Dolby Atmos®/DTS:X movie playback in a seamless 7.2.2ch/5.2.4ch surround sound calibrated by Advanced MCACC, along with support for next-generation video/gaming standards including HDMI 2.1*1 with 8K, VRR, ALLM, QFT pass-through, the VSX-LX305 brings multi-dimensional excitement to your home entertainment. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer provides virtual sound effects without using height or surround speakers. And it’s Roon Tested so music streaming from AV equipment is super easy. Enjoy multi-room audio streaming with Sonos system, Chromecast built-in, DTS Play-Fi®, and Apple AirPlay 2. Finally, it works with Alexa or Hey Google for voice control.
HDMI® 2.1 with 8K
HDMI® 2.1 is the most recent update of the HDMI® spec and supports a range of higher video resolutions and refresh rates including 8K60 and 4K120, as well as Dynamic HDR formats. 8K delivers a super-immersive viewing experience with 2x the horizontal and vertical resolution of 4K, and 4 times as many pixels; and combined with 60Hz refresh rate enables smooth and sharp viewing of content with high-speed action. HDMI 2.1 with 8K ensures your system is ready for the clearest and cleanest picture available both now and down the road.
The VSX-LX305 is IMAX Enhanced, certified to deliver the dynamic and heart-pounding sound presented by DTS just as intended by the filmmaker, and provide an immersive experience on your home theater.
Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround Upmixing
The VSX-LX305 is compatible with 7.2.2ch/5.2.4ch configuration of the latest theater sound platform, Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.
DTS:X® / DTS Neural:X Upmixing
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Enjoy a seamless soundscape with 7.2.2ch/5.2.4ch surround system offering maximum excitement. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using DTS Neural:X for enjoying 3D surround sound..
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization
When playing any Dolby format, engaging the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer enables a more immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts without employing additional surround or height speakers.
Apple AirPlay 2
Apple AirPlay 2 lets you effortlessly stream music or podcasts to speakers throughout your house using any Apple device or by asking Siri, and it all stays in perfect sync.
Just press the Personal Preset button on the front panel for three seconds, and your current settings such as volume level and listening mode can be saved. Up to three presets can be registered and easily called up from the front panel button or the remote control.
Advanced MCACC Auto Room Tuning featuring Auto Phase Control Plus
Advanced MCACC adjusts the sound according to the listening room and speakers, and also creates clearer sound by suppressing the standing waves that occur between walls or ceiling and floor. Measurement of up to nine positions can be saved for a wide listening area. Auto Phase Control Plus* makes real-time analysis of the phase difference, and automatically compensates the gap between the LFE and main signals, providing strong bass and clear high-frequency sound.
* Effectiveness depends on content.
Works with SONOS
By bringing the VSX-LX305 into the Sonos eco-system with Connect or Port, you can play any music or audio source on your Sonos app. With “Volume Pass Through” mode selected at the Sonos App settings, you’ll be able to control the volume of the unit by Sonos app or by itself. Enjoy high-quality playback from the AV receiver by Sonos app, just as you would with your favorite Sonos system.
*Connection of maximum 2 Sonos devices is supported.
Powered Zone 2 with Dedicated DAC
With the powered feature, the VSX-LX305 can directly drive speakers in another room, without the need for a separate amplifier. What’s more, the dedicated DAC for Zone 2 lets you listen to all digital audio sources.
Zone B Output for Wireless Headphones
The VSX-LX305 is equipped with Zone B audio output terminals for expanding the Main Zone sound. You can listen to the sound playing in the living room via wireless headphones.
High-quality Audio Transmission by Bluetooth® Wireless technology
The VSX-LX305 features built-in Bluetooth® receiver and transmitter. Thus not only can you listen to the sound transmitted from your smartphone or tablet with the AV receiver, but you can also listen to the sound input to the AV receiver from Bluetooth® headphones. Supporting aptX and aptX HD codecs for audio transmission, you can enjoy high-quality sound with low latency with compatible headphones.
The VSX-LX305 works with Hey Google, so you can control playback of various music services supported by Chromecast by asking a Google Assistant enabled device to play, stop, skip, or take the volume up or down. This receiver also works with Alexa, so you can also use voice commands to control supported music services in multiple rooms* via Alexa built-in device. Thanks to both voice controls, you can easily operate and enjoy music services or Internet radio with your voice, without using a remote control or smartphone app.
*Alexa multi-room music may require a firmware update.
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX305 9.2-ch Network AV Receiver
- 9.2 Channels, Direct Energy amplification type
- 7.2.2ch / 5.2.4ch in Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X Setups
- 225 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10%, 1ch Driven)
- 100 W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.08%, 2ch Driven FTC)
- IMAX Enhanced
- Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Surround Upmixer supports DTS Formats
- DTS:X®, DTS Neural:X® Upmixer supports Dolby Formats
- Reflex Optimizer
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
- Dolby® True HD, Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS Express
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/2 ch, 5.1 ch)
- Digital Quad-Core 32-bit DSP (Cirrus Logic) + Aureus™ floating- point DSP (TI)
- 192 kHz/24-bit D/A Conversion for Hi-Res Audio
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel ( eARC) on HDMI Out (Main)
- Advanced MCACC Auto Room Tuning
• Auto Phase Control Plus
• Subwoofer EQ
• Multi-point Standing Wave Control
- Dirac Live® Room Correction
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes
• Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama,
Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended
Stereo, Mono Music, Front Stage Surround Advance
- Support HDMI 2.1*1 with 8K, VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), QFT (Quick Frame transport), DSC (Display Stream Compression), and QMS (Quick Media Switching) pass-through
- Supports HDR10+, HDR10 and HLG; 8K/60p (4:2:0/10-bit), 8K/30p (4:4:4/10-bit, 4:2:2/12-bit), 4K/120p (4:4:4/10-bit, 4:2:2/12-bit), 4K60p (4:4:4/12-bit) and BT.2020 color
- Dolby Vision Compatible
- Ultra HD Upscaling (4K to 8K, 1080p to 8K/4K)
- DeepColor™ (36-bit), "x.v. Color"
- LipSync, and HDCP 2.3
Home Network Features
- Works with Alexa supporting multi-room music*2
- Works with Hey Google and Chromecast built-in
- DTS Play-Fi with Pioneer Music Control App
- Apple AirPlay 2 with Siri Voice Control
- Works with SONOS supporting multiple Sonos Connect control and Volume Pass Through mode
- Amazon Music HD*3, Pandora®, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer Hi-Fi MusicStreaming Services Ready*4
- Internet Radio with TuneIn
- Hi-Res Audio File Playback via USB/Network
- Up to 192 kHz/24-bit ALAC*5 , AIFF, FLAC, WAV (RIFF) and 11.2 MHz DSD*6
- Personal Preset, Dialog Enhancement
- Dual Band (5 GHz/ 2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi® Built-in
- Bluetooth® Built-in (Version: 4.2, Profile: A2DP 1.2/AVRCP 1.3, Codec: SBC/aptX/aptX HD (TX), SBC/AAC(RX))
- Pioneer Remote App*7 Ready for Multi-room Entertainment Control and Network Streaming
- User-Friendly GUI with System Setup Menu
- On-Screen Information for Audio, Video and Network
- Web Setup
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets, sleep timer
- User-Friendly Simple Remote Control
- HDMI 1 in
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- MCACC / Dirac Live Web Setup MIC In (Gold-Plated)
- Audio 1 In (Mini Stereo Jack, Gold-Plated)
- Phones 1 Out (Gold-Plated)
- HDMI 6 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 2 Out (1 for MAIN, 1 for SUB/ZONE 2)
- Ethernet 1 in
- USB 1 in for USB Drive
- Audio 4 in (Assignable)
- Phono (MM) 1 in
- Digital Coaxial 1 in (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 1 in (Assignable)
- Subwoofer 2 Pre Out
- ZONE 2 Pre/Line Out/ZONE B Line Out
- Speaker 9ch Out (FRONT, CENTER, SURROUND HEIGHT 1/Bi-AMP/ZONE 2, SURROUND BACK/HEIGHT 2 / ZONE 3)
- IR 1 In / 1 Out
- 12 V Trigger 2 Out
- FM/AM Antenna
Dimensions: 17-1/8"W x 6-13/16"H x 14-9/16"D
Weight: 22.9 Lbs.
*1 HDMI IN 1-6, HDMI OUT MAIN and SUB/ZONE 2 in sub output mode.
*2 Alexa multi-room music may require a firmware update.
*3 Amazon Music HD is supported via DTS Play-Fi.
*4 Service availability depends on country or region.
*5 Up to 96 kHz supported via wireless LAN.
*6 Converted to PCM. Not guaranteed via wireless LAN.
*7 Available for free download from the App Store/The Google Play Store.
Specifications are subject to change without notice
- Dirac Live Room Correction
- HDMI 2.1
- Ultimate 4K Gaming Experience
- Imax Enhanced
- Discrete HDMI Zone 2 Switching
- 100 Watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.08 %, 2-channel driven )
- Subwoofer 2 Pre Out
- Bi-directional Bluetooth with aptX HD
- Built-in music streaming including Spotify and Tidal
- Works with Sonos Certified
- Immersive sound from your TV apps
- Advanced MCACC
- Roon Tested
- DTS Play-Fi