Indulge yourself in 5.2.2ch surround sound created by Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X, and even without height or surround speakers, you can still experience similar effects by Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer and DTS Virtual:X. Enjoy superior images with Ultra HD, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision™ pass through. Plus, the VSX-LX105 supports HDMI 2.1*1 for 8K, VRR, ALLM, and QFT pass-through for next-generation video and gaming. You can also stream songs from various sources via Music Server, Bluetooth®, DTS Play-Fi, Sonos system, and Apple AirPlay 2. It is Roon Tested, making music streaming easy from AV equipment. Other highlights include Powered Zone 2 feature with a dedicated DAC, Personal Preset buttons, 2 HDMI outputs, and it works with Alexa/Hey Google for voice control.
*1 HDMI IN 1-3, HDMI OUT MAIN and SUB/ZONE 2 in sub output mode
*2 Alexa multi-room music may require a firmware update
HDMI 2.1 for a powerful viewing and gaming experience
The VSX-LX105 ensures its HDMI terminals*1 support 8K/60p (4:4:4/12-bit*2, 4:2:0/10-bit), 8K/30p (4:4:4/12-bit*2, 4:4:4/10-bit, 4:2:2/12-bit), 4K/120p (4:4:4/12-bit*2, 4:4:4/10-bit, 4:2:2/12-bit) video passthrough to compatible displays, as well as HDCP 2.3 so you will have no problem when upgrading to new devices. HDMI 2.1 also supports VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) to eliminate lag, stutter and frametearing to deliver a fluid gaming experience. Various enhancements such as ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) and QFT (Quick Frame Transport) help to optimize latency and further limit lag to ensure you’ll always be on top of your game.
*1 HDMI 2.1 specification, HDR10+, and passthrough capabilities described are supported on HDMI IN 1–3, HDMI OUT MAIN and SUB/ZONE 2 in sub mode output. *2 DSC signals only
Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround Upmixing
The VSX-LX105 is compatible with 5.2.2ch configuration of the latest theater sound platform, Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.
DTS:X® / DTS Neural:X Upmixing
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Since DTS:X can automatically adapt the audio to the existing channels and speaker system, no specific speaker layout is required. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and lifelike audio. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using DTS Neural:X for enjoying 3D surround sound.
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization
When playing any Dolby format, engaging the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer enables a more immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts without employing additional surround or height speakers.
With DTS Virtual:X, you can enjoy a three-dimensional immersive sound similar to DTS:X, without the need of height or rear speakers. The technology supports 2 to 7.1.4-channel input source, for delivery on 2 to 5.1 or even 7.1-channel speaker layout. DTS Virtual:X works with all DTS codecs, including DTS:X.
Just press the Personal Preset button on the front panel for three seconds, and your current settings such as volume level and listening mode can be saved. Up to three presets can be registered and easily called up from the front panel button or the remote control.
MCACC Auto Room Tuning
Create the optimum acoustic environment with Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System), developed with the expertise of professional recording studios. With the custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalizes response.
Works with SONOS
By bringing the VSX-LX105 into the Sonos eco-system with Connect or Port, you can play any music or audio source on your Sonos app. With “Volume Pass Through” mode selected at the Sonos App settings, you’ll be able to control the volume of the unit by Sonos app or by itself. Enjoy high-quality playback from the AV receiver by Sonos app, just as you would with your favorite Sonos system. *Connection of maximum 2 Sonos devices is supported.
Powered Zone 2 with Dedicated DAC
With the powered feature, the VSX-LX105 can directly drive speakers in another room, without the need for a separate amplifier. What’s more, the dedicated DAC for Zone 2 lets you listen to all digital audio sources.
Zone B Output for Wireless Headphones
The VSX-LX105 is equipped with Zone B audio output terminals for expanding the Main Zone sound. You can listen to the sound playing in the living room via wireless headphones.
High-quality Audio Transmission by Bluetooth® Wireless technology
Stream songs from compatible devices with the built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (ver. 4.2). The VSX-LX105 features A2DP/ AVRCP profiles, supporting SBC/aptX/aptX HD codecs for transmitter and SBC/AAC codecs for receiver. Not only you can listen music with the receiver via Bluetooth, but also listen to the main source sound of the receiver with a high-quality codec using compatible headphones. With Wake on Play function, the AV receiver automatic.
The VSX-LX105 works with Hey Google, so you can control playback of various music services supported by Chromecast by asking a Google Assistant enabled device to play, stop, skip, or take the volume up or down. This receiver also works with Alexa, so you can also use voice commands to control supported music services in mulutiple rooms* via Alexa built-in device. Thanks to both voice controls, you can easily operate and enjoy music services or Internet radio with your voice, without using a remote control or smartphone app.
*Alexa multi-room music may require a firmware update.
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX105 7.2-ch Network AV Receiver
- 7.2 Channels, Direct Energy amplification type
- 5.2.2ch in Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X Setups
- 210 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10%, 1ch Driven)
- 100 W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.08%, 2ch Driven FTC)
- Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Surround Upmixer supports DTS Formats
- DTS:X®, DTS Neural:X® Upmixer supports Dolby Formats
- Reflex Optimizer
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
- DTS Virtual:X
- DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS Express
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/2 ch, 5.1 ch)
- Digital Quad-Core 32-bit DSP (Cirrus Logic)
- 192 kHz/24-bit D/A Conversion for Hi-Res Audio
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel ( eARC) on HDMI OUT (MAIN)
- MCACC Auto Room Tuning
• Phase Control
• Subwoofer EQ
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes
• Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama,
Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended
Stereo, Mono Music, Front Stage Surround Advance
- Support HDMI 2.1 (HDMI IN 1-3) with 8K, VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), QFT (Quick Frame transport), DSC (Display Stream Compression), and QMS (Quick Media Switching) pass-through
- Supports HDR10+ and HLG; 8K/60p (4:2:0/10-bit), 8K/30p (4:4:4/10-bit, 4:2:2/12-bit), 4K/120p (4:4:4/10-bit, 4:2:2/12-bit), 4K60p (4:4:4/12-bit) and BT.2020 color
- Dolby Vision Compatible
- Ultra HD Upscaling (4K to 8K, 1080p to 8K/4K)
- Deep Color (36-bit), "x.v. Color"
- LipSync, and HDCP 2.3
- Personal Preset, Dialog Enhancement
- Dual Band (5 GHz/ 2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi® Built-in
- Bluetooth® Built-in (Version: 4.2, Profile: A2DP 1.2/AVRCP 1.3, Codec: SBC/aptX/aptX HD (TX), SBC/AAC(RX))
- Pioneer Remote App*3 Ready for Multi-room Entertainment Control and Network Streaming
- User-Friendly GUI with System Setup Menu
- On-Screen Information for Audio, Video and Network
- Web Setup
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets, sleep timer
- User-Friendly Simple Remote Control
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- MCACC Setup MIC In (Gold-Plated)
- Audio 1 In (Mini Stereo Jack, Gold-Plated)
- Phones 1 Out (Gold-Plated)
- HDMI 6 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 2 Out (1 for MAIN, 1 for SUB/ZONE 2)
- USB 1 in for USB Drive
- Audio 4 in (Assignable)
- Phono (MM) 1 in
- Digital Coaxial 1 in (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 1 in (Assignable)
- Subwoofer 2 Pre Out
- ZONE 2 Pre/Line Out/ZONE B Line Out
- Speaker 9ch Out (FRONT, CENTER, SURROUND HEIGHT, HEIGHT/SURROUND BACK/Bi-AMP, ZONE 2)
- IR 1 In
- 12 V Trigger 1 Out
- FM/AM Antenna
Dimensions: 17-1/8"W x 6-13/16"H x 14-9/16"D
Weight: 21.6 Lbs.