Indulge yourself in 5.2.2ch surround sound created by Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X, and even without height or surround speakers, you can still experience similar effects by Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer* and DTS Virtual:X*1. Enjoy superior images with Ultra HD, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision™ pass through and support for HDCP 2.2. You can also stream songs from various sources via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, DTS Play-Fi, SONOS system, and Apple AirPlay 2*. Other highlights include Powered Zone 2 feature with a dedicated DAC, Personal Preset buttons, and 2 HDMI outputs.
Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround Upmixing
The VSX-LX104 is compatible with 5.2.2ch configuration of the latest theater sound platform, Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.
DTS:X® / DTS Neural:X Upmixing
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Since DTS:X can automatically adapt the audio to the existing channels and speaker system, no specific speaker layout is required. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and life-like audio. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using DTS Neural:X for enjoying 3D surround sound.
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization
When playing any Dolby format, engaging the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer enables a more immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts without employing additional surround or height speakers.
With DTS Virtual:X, you can enjoy a three-dimensional immersive sound similar to DTS:X, without the need of height or rear speakers. The technology supports 2 to 7.1.4-channel input source, for delivery on 2 to 5.1 or even 7.1-channel speaker layout. DTS Virtual:X works with all DTS codecs, including DTS:X.
Supports 4K HDR, BT.2020, 4K/60 Hz, and HDCP 2.2
The VSX-LX104 supports pass-through for HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision signals. By connecting a compatible source device, you can enjoy these latest video standards on a compatible display. What’s more, all HDMI terminals support 4K (60p/4:4:4/24-bit), Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020), and HDCP 2.2, so you will have no problem when upgrading to new devices, and can also enjoy premium content such as 4K videos with digital copy protection.
MCACC Auto Room Tuning
Create the optimum acoustic environment with Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System), developed with the expertise of professional recording studios. With the custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalizes response.
Works with SONOS
By connecting the VSX-LX104 to Sonos Connect, you can play any music or audio source on your Sonos app. You can group the VSX-LX104 with other Sonos devices on the network, or use it independently. The AV receiver will automatically turn on and switch input as soon as you play music on your Sonos app.
Powered Zone 2 with Dedicated DAC
With the powered feature, the VSX-LX104 can directly drive speakers in another room, without the need for a separate amplifier. What’s more, the dedicated DAC for Zone 2 lets you listen to all digital audio sources.
Zone B Output for Wireless Headphones
The VSX-LX104 is equipped with Zone B audio output terminals for expanding the Main Zone sound. You can listen to the sound playing in the living room via wireless headphones.
Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Stream songs from compatible devices with the built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (ver. 4.2 + LE). The VSX-LX104 features A2DP/AVRCP profiles, with support for SBC/AAC codecs. With Wake on Play function, the AV receiver automatically wakes up and switches input when a Bluetooth source starts playing.
Apple AirPlay 2
Apple AirPlay 2 lets you effortlessly stream music or podcasts to speakers throughout your house using any Apple device or by asking Siri, and it all stays in perfect sync.
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX104 7.2-ch Network AV Receiver
- 7.2 Channels, Direct Energy amplification type
- 5.2.2ch in Dolby Atmos or DTS:X Setups
- 170 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10%, 1ch Driven)
- 80 W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.08%, 2ch Driven FTC)
- Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Surround Upmixing supports DTS Formats
- DTS:X®, DTS Neural:X Upmixing, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS Express
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/2 ch, 5.1 ch)
- Digital Quad-Core 32-bit DSP (Cirrus Logic)
- 384 kHz/32-bit D/A Conversion with AK4458 (AKM)
- Audio Return Channel (ARC) on HDMI
- Ultra HD Pass-Through with HDCP 2.2
- HDR10, HLG and BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut Signal Pass-through
- Dolby Vision Compatible
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p to 4K)
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc™, Broadcast, and Games)
- Deep Color (36-bit), "x.v. Color"
- Personal Preset, Dialog Enhancement
- Dual Band (5 GHz/ 2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi® Built-in
- Bluetooth Built-in (Version: 4.2 + LE, Profile: A2DP 1.2/AVRCP 1.3, Codec: SBC/AAC)
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets, sleep timer
- User-Friendly Simple Remote Control
- HDMI Input/Output: 6 In (Rear) / 2 Out
- USB Terminal: Front and Rear
- Audio 4 in (Assignable)
- Phono (MM) 1 in
- Digital Coaxial 1 in (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 1 in (Assignable)
- Subwoofer 2 Pre Out
- ZONE B Line Out for Wireless Headphones
- Speaker 9ch Out (FRONT, CENTER, SURROUND, SURROUND BACK/HEIGHT/Bi-AMP/ZONE 2)
- IR 1 In
- 12 V Trigger 1 Out
- FM/AM Antenna
Dimensions: 17-1/8"W x 6-13/16"H x 14-9/16"D
Weight: 20.7 Lbs.