The Nº5802 was created to deliver all of the performance and quality expected from Mark Levinson while implementing state of the art features and efficiencies gained from decades of superlative audio engineering. With a brand new industrial design, fully discrete PurePath circuitry, Mark Levinson PrecisionLink II DAC, MainDrive headphone power, and potent dual monaural class AB amplification, the Nº5805 and Nº5802 deliver luxurious fidelity with premium features and flexibility.
The Nº 5802 delivers outstanding digital audio capability through the Mark Levinson Precision- Link II DAC. The latest generation ESS Sabre 32-bit D/A converter with jitter elimination circuitry and a fully balanced, discrete current-to-voltage converter form the heart of the digital audio processing stage. Six digital audio inputs are provided: One AES, two coaxial and two optical S/PDIF, and one asynchronous USB for playback of high resolution PCM (up to 32 bit/384kHz) and DSD (up to 11.2MHz) files. The Nº 5802 includes MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) technology, which enables playback of MQA audio files and streams. A Bluetooth receiver equipped with aptX-HD enables the highest quality Bluetooth playback available.
The fully discrete, direct-coupled, class AB amplifier channels get their power from an oversized (500+ VA) toroidal transformer with individual secondary windings for the left and right channels. The voltage gain stage employs a topology directly descended from the acclaimed Nº 534 amplifier, which is mated to an output stage comprising two high-speed driver transistors operating in class A and six 260V, 15A output transistors. Two Thermal-Trak devices in a unique configuration guarantee stable output bias regardless of load or temperature. Four 10,000-microfarad capacitors per channel, located directly on the output stage circuit board, easily provide enough current for a conservative 125W/channel at 8 ohms, nearly 250W/channel at 4 ohms, and stable operation down to 2 ohms. Variable line-level RCA outputs allow system expansion and flexibility.
System integration and communication ports include Ethernet, USB, RS-232, IR input, and 12V trigger input and output. A newly designed, solid aluminum IR remote is included with the Nº 5805. Finally, an internal webpage allows setup, import and export of configurations, and software updates using a PC and standard web browser. In addition, third party drivers are available.
Bold new industrial design
Robust materials, lavish finishes, and striking geometry are hallmark attributes of Mark Levinson designs. The one-inch thick, bead-blasted, black-anodized, solid aluminum front panels are machined and contoured to flow seamlessly into the sleek glass display, which itself is recessed into a clear-anodized aluminum bezel.
The iconic Mark Levinson hourglass knobs are redefined - machined with a gently curved profile transitioning into a rounded front, with feet to match. With debossed top cover vents, screen-printed logo behind the glass panel, and aluminum buttons, no detail has been overlooked. An elegant 5000 Series custom aluminum IR remote control is included.
Mark Levinson № 5802 Integrated Amplifier
- 1 x AES ,1 x USB 2.0, 2 x coaxial S/PDIF, , and 2 x optical S/PDIF
- 192kHz/32 bit PCM and DSD 5.6 capability
- Bluetooth audio input including AptX-HD support
- MQA full decoding on all digital inputs including asynchronous USB
- Line outputs: 1 x RCA stereo (variable)
- Headphone output: 1 x 1/4-inch/6.35mm jack (front panel)
- Speaker outputs: 2 pairs high-current binding posts
- Control ports: Ethernet (RJ45), RS-232 (DB9), 12V trigger input/output and IR input (3.5mm jack)
- Webpage setup, configuration import/export, software updates
- Included handheld IR remote control
- Control modules for third-party automation
- 100VAC, 115VAC, or 230VAC, factory set
- Standby, “Green” mode: <0.4W
- Standby, “Power Save” mode: 7W
- Standby, “Normal” mode: 45W
- Power on, quiescent: 95W
- Power on, both channels at ⅛ rated power: 215W
- Power on, maximum: 500W
- EuP compliant / low-power standby
- All-new Nº 5000 series industrial design
- Designed, engineered and precision-crafted in the USA
- Packaged and sold individually
Dimensions: 5.72"H x 17.25"W x 19.98"D
Weight: 61 Lbs.