Featuring advanced ultra-high current single push-pull circuit power, Advanced AL32 Processing, and MM/MC phono equalizer, the Denon PMA-1700NE integrated amplifier delivers extraordinary sound quality with precise detail.
High-power 140W integrated amplifier
Drive your loudspeakers with 140 Watts of power- per-channel into 4 Ohms. This integrated amplifier offers compatibility with the widest range of 6 speaker types and impedances for operational stability.
Advanced Ultra-High Current (UHC) Single Push-Pull amplifier
Wide bandwidth captures everything from deep bass to detailed highs. The UHC design ensures drivability of a wide range of speaker types and impedances.
Hi-Res Audio certified
Able to decode high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC, and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192 kHz, as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD), PMA-1700NE lets you enjoy each note exactly as the artist intended.
Advanced AL32 Processing Plus
Advanced AL32 Processing Plus uses data interpolation algorithms, which support high resolution 384 kHz/32-bit audio sources. The algorithms add in the points that should exist before and after large quantities of data, smoothing out the waveform and restoring information that was lost during the digital recording. The resulting playback is highly detailed, free of interferences, richly expressive in the lower range, and beautifully faithful to the original sound. Hear your favorites like never before.
To accurately synchronize digital circuits, the PMA- 1700NE provides USB-DAC functions that support high resolution up to 11.2-MHz DSD and 384- kHz/32-bit PCM input signals. Crafted with exceptional quality, the DAC suppresses jitter and ensures optimal precision in D/A conversion.
High-precision electrical controls
The PMA-1700NE embraces electrical volume, balance, and tone controls while preserving the analog feeling of operation. The unique mechanism offers smooth, linear control.
Built-in phono equalizer
Denon is well known for high-quality vinyl playback. The built-in phono equalizer allows direct connection to a turntable and supports input from MM cartridges. Some models also support input from MC cartridges.
The amplifier features optical and coaxial digital inputs supporting PCM signals up to 192 kHz/24 bit to improve the sound quality of your TV audio, Blu-Rays, media players, computer, and more.
110+ years of firsts in audio technology
Founded in 1910, Denon has a deep heritage of "firsts" in audio technology - from Japan's first audio electronics manufacturer to producing the world's first commercial CDs. This focused investment in audio R&D ensures you get the latest technology and highest quality with every listening experience.
Denon PMA-1700NE Integrated Amplifier
- 2 x 70 W @ 8 ohms, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, THD 0.07%
- 2 X 140 W @ 4 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.7%
- Speaker Impedance: A or B : 4 ~ 16 ohm
A + B : 8 ~ 16 ohm
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 100 kHz (0, -3 dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01% (Rated Output: -3dB), 8 ohms, 1 kHz
- Treble Control: ±8 dB at 10 kHz
- Bass Control: ±8 dB at 100 Hz
Audio Video Inputs
- Stereo RCA x 3
- Stereo RCA Phono (MC / MM) with Ground Screw x 1 *default=MM
- Stereo RCA Power Amp Direct x 1
- Optical TOSLINK x 2
- Digital Coaxial x 1
- USB Type-B DAC x 1
Audio Video Outputs
- RCA Recorder x 1
- 1/4" / 6.35mm Headphone (Front) x 1
Speaker Connectors: Gold-Plated Binding Post Pair x 4
Other Input / Output
– 1/8" / 3.5 mm (IR) Input x 1
– 1/8" / 3.5 mm (IR) Output x 1
Input Sensitivity and Impedance
- Phono MC: 200 µV / 100 Ohm
- Phono MM: 2.5 mV / 47 kOhm
- CD/Line/Recorder: 125 mV / 19 kOhm
- Power Amp input: 0.85V / 47kohm (EXT. PRE)
Signal to Noise Ratio
Phono MC: 74 dB
Phono MM: 89 dB
CD: 107 dB
RIAA Equalization Deviation: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, ±0.5 dB
Phono MC: 10 mV / 1 kHz
Phono MM: 130 mV / 1 kHz
Power Amplifier Circuit : New UHC-MOS Single Push Pull (7)
Power Trans : Dual El Core
Pre Amplifier Circuit : Variable Gain Preamplifier (OP AMP)
Analog Amp Mode : Yes (button on front panel)
DAC Circuit : PCM1795
- Power Consumption: 295 W
- at Standby : 0.2W TV autoplay off, 0.4W TV autoplay on
Maximum Dimensions : 17.1"W x 16.1"D x 5.3"H
Weight : 38.8 Lbs.
Specifications are subject to change without notice
- 2 x 140 W (4 ohm) power output : Drive your loudspeakers with 140 watts of power-per-channel into 4 ohms. This integrated amplifier offers compatibility with the widest range of speaker types and impedances for operational stability.
- MM and MC phono equalizer : The PMA-1700NE includes a phono equalizer that supports input from both MM and MC cartridges. The simple, straight forward design significantly improves sound quality.
- External pre-amp input terminals : “EXT/PRE” input terminals are fixed gain inputs that can be used for connecting an external pre-amp using the PMA-1700NE as a power amp.
- TV auto standby (digital input) : The PMA-1700NE includes autosensing to automatically switch the unit on when it senses a digital audio signal from an external source like your TV.
- Six-block chassis configuration and direct mechanical ground construction : Constructed with 1mm-thick steel plates and made of ABS resin with rigid rib construction, the chassis protects the signal circuits from external vibration and eliminates adverse effects of mutual interference among the circuits.
- Digital isolator : Equipped with a high-speed digital isolator, the PMA-1700NE eliminates adverse effects on sound quality caused by high-frequency noise from a USB-connected computer or digital inputs.
- Analog mode : Analog mode can be used to turn off power to digital power sources and completely stop operation of the digital input circuitry, avoiding any high-frequency influence on the analog section.