With its pre-mounted MM cartridge, built-in phono preamp and carefully engineered tonearm with auto lift and playback stop, the Denon DP-400 brings out the details in your cherished albums.
Specially Engineered S-Shaped Tonearm
Features a carefully engineered S-Shape curved tonearm with optimized tracking angle at any point of the record, auto-lift at records end and playback stop. When the vinyl reaches the end of playback, the tonearm auto-lifts 10 seconds prior to the groove end, preserving the excellent condition of your album and the cartridge. S-Shape curved tonearm design also reduces harmonic distortion, ensuring a crystal clear sonic signal every time you listen.
Strong build construction offers both the strength and high-density needed to reproduce detailed, resonance-free music. Thick cabinet walls and a weighted platter provide the optimal surface for your vinyl collection, reducing external vibration. Pair DP-400 with the rest of the Denon Design Series for a durable, high-resolution system.
Supports playback at 33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm and 78 rpm. Easily play your entire vinyl collection and enjoy its full breadth - even your cherished, vintage 78's.
Easy Setup and Operation
Takes minutes to unbox and quickly operate for novice and seasoned vinyl fans. Plug DP-400 into your favorite amplifier or system, including the Denon Design Series, and immediately begin reconnecting with your vinyl collection - it’s that easy.
Exclusive, Removable Dual-purpose Dust Cover
Removable dust cover features a modern design, elevating the overall aesthetic of DP-400 while eliminating vibration issues that affect music quality associated with attached covers. Doubling as a display stand for your album cover, place the dust cover upright on the included base and show it proudly to friends.
Built-in phono equalizer creates an open, enveloping sound stage that enlivens your vinyl collection while staying true to the original recording. Connect it directly to a mini component or integrated amp that lacks a phono terminal for seamless use.
Includes an MM cartridge for more precise listening and added musical detail. As a producer of the longest-selling cartridge in market, enjoy the Denon DP-400 turntable with confidence. If you prefer listening via an MC cartridge, easily swap out the existing MM cartridge to fit your audio preferences. Enjoy iconic Denon sound quality however you choose to listen.
Weighted, Belt-driven Platter with Rotation Control
Integrated rotation control accurately controls the platter, preventing unwanted speed fluctuations during playback — enjoy audio reproduction exactly as the artist intended.
At just 16.3" wide, DP-400 is constructed to fit seamlessly into your existing Hi-Fi system. Though compact in size, it still delivers the powerful, detailed sound you expect from Denon.
Sophisticated Design Series Aesthetic
Blending seamlessly with the popular Denon Design Series, DP-400 features a sophisticated form factor and solid construction. Durable aluminum materials offer a modern aesthetic. Pair it with the rest of the Denon Design Series to complete your elegantly designed Hi-Fi system.
100+ Years of Firsts in Audio Technology
Founded in 1910, Denon has a deep heritage of "firsts" in audio technology - from Japan's first audio electronics manufacturer, to producing the world's first commercial CDs. This focused investment in audio R&D ensures you get the latest technology and highest quality with every listening experience.
Denon DP-400 Hi-Fi Turntable with Speed Auto Sensor
Drive Type: Belt-drive
Motor: DC Servo Motor
Speeds: 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm and 78 rpm
Wow and Flutter: 0.1% WRMS
Signal to Noise Ratio: 62 dB
Tone Arm Style: Static Balanced, Curved
Tone Arm Effective Length: 8.66" / 220 mm
Overhang: 0.63" / 16 mm
Compatible Cartridge Weight: 5.0 - 13.0 g (59.2 mN - 127.5 mN)
Cartridge: MM Type
Output Voltage: Equalizer OFF: 2.5 mV
Equalizer ON: 150 mV
Stylus Pressure Range: 0 - 4.0 g ( 0 - 39.2 mN),
1 gradation is 0.1 g (0.98 mN)
Optimum Stylus Pressure: 2.0 g (19.6 mN)
Replacement Stylus: DSN-85
Output: 1 x Stereo RCA Pair with Ground Screw
Power Supply: AC 100 - 230 V, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption: 10 W
Power Consumption In Standby Mode: 0.5 W or less
Available Color: Black and White
Dimensions: 16.2"W x 5.2"H x 13.7"D (incl. the dust cover)
Weight: 12.4 Lbs. (incl. the dust cover)
Specifications are subject to change without notice
- Unique curved horizontal tracking tonearm design with auto lift-up and playback stop reduces harmonic distortion
- Built-in phono equalizer with on/off toggle lets you connect DP-400 to any amplifier or system with analog inputs or phono inputs
- Multi-speed selector (33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm, 78 rpm) to play the widest array of vinyl records
- Engineered with a more than 100-year Denon legacy in audio excellence — trust this high-quality and durable turntable to deliver the ultimate audio experience
- Includes quality MM cartridge for precise sound out-of-the-box within minutes
- Exclusive, removable dust cover with included base eliminates fixed-cover vibrations and doubles as a display stand for your vinyl record covers
- Supports both MM and MC cartridges — advanced flexibility that matches your audio preferences
- Weighted, belt-driven platter with auto speed sensor maintains accurate speed for precise sound reproduction
- Strong, weighted base and durable construction reduces external vibrations and improves audio performance
- Part of the Denon Design Series — elegant, modern design fits beautifully in the home