Upgrade Your Home Theater
Powering 90W per channel, the Denon AVR-S970H 7.2 channel 8K AV receiver delivers a fully immersive 3D audio experience, amazing picture quality and lag-free gaming experience thanks to Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and the latest HDMI technology featuring HDR10+, Dolby Vision™, and 8K/60 and 4K/120 passthrough. Powered by HEOS® Built-in technology, stream wirelessly your favorite music tracks through Spotify, Tidal, Amazon Music HD, AirPlay 2, and more. With our award-winning Denon Setup Assistant and Audyssey MultEQ room correction technology, the AVR-S970H ensures your system sounds better than ever.
HIGH-PERFORMANCE DISCRETE 7-CHANNEL AMPLIFIER
Discrete high-current amplifiers on all channels to deliver up to 90W per channel (at 8 ohms, 20-20kHz, THD 0.08%)—enough power to drive any speaker.
IMMERSIVE AUDIO EXPERIENCE
Get immersed in music and movies with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® plus Dolby Surround and DTS Neural:X upmixer to optimize older content.
ADVANCED 8K HOME THEATER
8K video is supported on three of six HDMI inputs and one of the two outputs. Enjoy easy video compatibility and great picture quality with HLG, HDR, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, and Dynamic HDR pass-through.
HEOS® BUILT-IN TECHNOLOGY
Stream music wirelessly to compatible HEOS-enabled components from a variety of streaming services. Add Denon Home speakers to more rooms and control it all with the HEOS app.
BUILT-IN Wi-Fi AND BLUETOOTH
Provides both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity for your wireless network or direct music streaming from your smart devices. Use AirPlay to stream Apple Music.
SIMPLE SETUP AND AUDYSSEY ROOM CORRECTION TECHNOLOGY
Our award-winning guided setup assistant provides clear, step-by-step instructions to get you started. Includes Audyssey MultEQ XT32 software for accurate calibration that optimizes the listening experience in your room.
OVER A CENTURY OF INNOVATION
Founded in 1910, Denon enables the moments that matter through the relentless pursuit of quality, innovation, and audio performance.
- Dolby Atmos
- HDMI Connectivity with ARC/eARC
- 8K / HDCP 2.3 (supports both 8K pass-through and 8K upscaling of 4K content)
- Brilliant color from HDR 10+
- Dolby Vision
- Supports Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
- HEOS Built-in
- Airplay 2 and apple Sir Voice Control
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- High-resolution audio via USB input
- Denon Setup Assistant
- Audyssey suite of room correction technology
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app
- Bluetooth audio transmitter
- Denon AVR Remote app
- Works with Google Assistant
Denon AVR-S970H 7.2 Channel 8K AV Receiver
- 7.2 Channels
- 125 watts per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD: 0.7%, 2 ch driven)
- 90 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, THD: 0.08%, 2ch driven)
Speaker Impedance : 4 - 16 Ω/ohms
Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 100 kHz +1/-3 dB (Direct Mode)
Rear A/V Inputs
- HDMI 2.1 x 6
- Optical TOSLINK x 2
- Digital Coaxial x 1
- Stereo RCA x 4
- Stereo RCA (Phono MM) with Ground Screw x 1
Rear A/V Outputs
- HDMI x 2
- RCA Subwoofer Pre-Out x 2
Front Inputs /Outputs
- USB Type-A Input x 1
- 1/4" / 6.35 mm Headphone Output x 1
- 1/8" / 3.5 mm Setup Mic Input x 1
Other Rear Inputs / Outputs
- Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Antenna Terminal Input x 2
- AM Antenna Terminal Input x 1
- FM Antenna Terminal Input x 1
- RJ45 (Ethernet) x 1
Speaker Connectors: Binding Post Pairs x 7 (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
HDCP Support: Version 2.3
Input Sensitivity: 200 mV
Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB (Direct Mode / IHF-A)
- Input sensitivity: 2.5 mV
- RIAA deviation: ±1 dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 74 dB (IHF-A)
- Distortion factor: 0.03 % (1 kHz, 3 V)
Antenna: Horizontal 17.1"W x 13.4"D x 6.6"H
Antenna: Vertical 17.1"W x 13.4"D x 9.3"H
Without Antenna: 17.1"W x 13.0"D x 6.6"H
Weight: 21.8 Lbs.
Specifications are subject to change without notice
- Select from six HDMI connected devices, plus CD, Phono, Bluetooth, USB, AM/FM, HEOS Music and TV audio
- Large and clear display
- Use the status button to change the large and clear display or the dimmer button to dim the light
Quick Select Buttons
- By pressing one of the four Quick Select buttons on the front panel or on the remote, you can easily store and retrieve your favorite autio settings such as an input source, volume level, and sound mode for your convenience.
- Long-press to store your preferred audio settings
- Short-press to retrieve stored audio settings
- Connect your favorite headphones or use Bluetooth to connect your the Bluetooth headphones wirelessly