The AT33PTG/II Dual Moving Coil Cartridge features a Microlinear stylus that, with its small curvature radius, delivers low-distortion, high-range performance, even when playing the inner circumference of a record. The Microlinear stylus, which has an average life span of around 1,000 hours, is mounted on a nude tapered boron cantilever with a double damper for reduced weight and better audio quality.
The cartridge’s two coils provide excellent channel separation and are affixed within a strong, lightweight mold made of hard resin to greatly reduce unwanted vibration. The cartridge uses a neodymium magnet and a permendur yoke for dramatically enhanced magnetic energy. The PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) coils ensure pure audio transmission.
- Moving coil cartridge with Microlinear stylus delivers exquisite, full-range audio reproduction
- Advanced tapered boron cantilever and reduced coil weight improve the audio quality, particularly in the higher frequencies
- Neodymium magnet and permendur yoke dramatically enhance the magnetic energy
- PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) coil enables pure signal transfer
- High-separation, wide-response dual moving coil
- Strong, rigid housing limits unnecessary vibration
- Precision-cast hard aluminum alloy body enhances rigidity and the signal-to-noise ratio
Audio-Technica AT33PTG/2 Dual Moving Coil Cartridge
Cartridge and Stylus
Frequency Response: 15-50,000 Hz
Channel Separation: 30 dB (1 kHz)
Vertical Tracking Angle: 23°
Vertical Tracking Force: 1.8-2.2 g (2.0 g standard)
Recommended Load Impedance: More than 100 ohms (when head amplifier is connected)
Coil Impedance: 10 ohms (1 kHz)
DC Resistance: 10 ohms
Coil Inductance: 22 µH (1 kHz)
Output Voltage: 0.3 mV (at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
Output Channel Balance: 0.5 dB (1 kHz)
Stylus Shape: Microlinear
Cantilever: Gold-plated nude tapered boron
Static Compliance: 40 x 10-6 cm/dyne
Dynamic Compliance: 10 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100 Hz)
Dimensions: 0.63"H x 0.65"W x 1.04"D
Mounting Feature: Half-inch mount
Stylus Curvature Radius: 2.2 x 0.12 mil
Stylus Size: Nude square shank
Weight: 6.9 g (0.24 oz)
Non-magnetic screwdriver, 2 washers, 2 nuts, cartridge installation screws (13 mm x 2, 19 mm x 2), plastic protector, brush and PCOCC lead wire set.
Moving coil cartridges require receivers or preamps with compatible inputs; their stylus assemblies are not field-replaceable.