Audio-Technica began in 1962 as a designer and manufacturer of high-end phonograph cartridges, bringing to the audio world the innovative Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge with its outstanding channel separation, extended frequency response and superb tracking.
The AT-LP7 builds on this heritage.
Recognizing the critical role a cartridge plays in reproducing high-fidelity audio from vinyl, we designed this fully manual, belt-drive turntable around our VM cartridge line, incorporating the finest materials and structures in support of the cartridge’s performance. The AT-LP7 comes with a VM520EB Dual Moving Magnet Cartridge with a 10 g AT-HS10 headshell and 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical bonded stylus.
The headshell attaches to a J-shaped tone arm that takes its inspiration from the classic A-T models of the 1960s and ’70s. The tone arm features a metallic gimbal suspension system and precision bearings to mitigate tracking errors, and includes an adjustable counterweight and anti-skate control. The height of the tone arm can be adjusted from 0 mm to 6 mm to accommodate a wide variety of cartridges
The turntable chassis is constructed of 40 mm-thick MDF (medium density fiberboard), an excellent anti-vibration damping material that limits low-frequency acoustical feedback. The anti-resonance platter is made of 20 mm-thick polyoxymethylene and is driven by a sensor-monitored motor that ensures a continuously accurate platter rotation speed of 33-1/3 or 45 RPM. The AT-LP7 also includes a built-in switchable phono/line preamp for connection to components with or without a dedicated phono input, and a selector switch to designate operation with a moving magnet or moving coil cartridge.
- Fully manual, belt-drive operation with two speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 RPM
- Motor features a speed-sensor system to maintain accurate platter rotation speed
- VM520EB Dual Moving Magnet Cartridge provides outstanding channel separation and extended frequency response, and allows for easy replacement with any VM stylus
- J-shaped tone arm features a metallic gimbal suspension system and precision bearings for excellent tracking
- Built-in switchable phono pre-amplifier with selectable modes for moving magnet or moving coil cartridges
- 20 mm-thick, anti-resonance, polyoxymethylene platter
- 40 mm-thick MDF (medium density fiberboard) chassis
- Lightweight AT-HS10 headshell
- Includes dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable, 45 RPM adapter, and dust cover
Audio-Technica AT-LP7 Fully Manual Belt-Drive Turntable
Type: 2 speed, Belt-drive manual turntable
Motor: DC motor
Drive Method: Belt drive
Speeds: 33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM
Turntable Platter: POM (Polyoxymethylene)
Wow and Flutter: < 0.08% WRMS (33 RPM) at 3 kHz
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 60 dB
- Pre-amp "PHONO": 4.5 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec
- Pre-amp "LINE (MM)": 280 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec
Phono Pre-Amp Gain (MM): 36 dB nominal, RIAA equalized
Phono Pre-Amp Gain (MC): 56 dB nominal, RIAA equalized
Power Supply Requirements: 100 to 240V AC, 50/60 Hz, 0.6 A max.
AC Adapter: 12 V, 2 A
Replacement Stylus: AT-VMN20EB
Dimensions: 17.72"W x 6.18"H x 13.86"D
Weight: 18.30 Lbs. without dust cover
VM520EB Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge with replaceable stylus; AT-HS10 lightweight headshell; power cord; dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable; 45 RPM adapter; dust cover, platter, drive belt, counterweight.
Tonearm type: Static balanced J-shaped tonearm
Effective length: 247 mm
Overhang: 17 mm
Maximum tracking error angle: less than 2.5 degrees
Applicable cartridge weight range (including headshell): 15 to 20 g
Stylus pressure adjustment range: 0 to 2.5 g
Specifications are subject to change without notice due to improvements.