Anthem’s MRX A/V Receivers are about maximizing performance for the money. Building on the feature set of their previous models, Anthem added the newest version of ARC Genesis, a redesigned and more accurate calibration microphone, Anthem Web User Interface, integrated streaming support & object-oriented audio codecs.
MRX 540 100W 7.2 Processor with 5 Amplifier Channels
Anthem’s MRX A/V Receivers are about maximising audio performance that previously has been unobtainable at their respective price points. Building on the feature set of previous models, the MRX 540 8K now include:
- New Electronics platform, up to 7.2 pre-amplifier channels with 5 amplifier channels, HDMI 2.1 HDCP 2.3
- 32-Bit / 768 kHz DAC
- All object-oriented audio codecs have been updated to the latest version of DTS:X and Dolby Atmos.
- IMAX Enhanced
- ARC Genesis now features a more precise microphone, ensuring better results in any listening environment.
- Platform Agnostic Streaming with AirPlay2, Google Chromecast (Audio), Bluetooth v4.2, Spotify Connect and Roon (coming soon!)
- Reliable Networking Platform with web-based setup supporting over-the-air updates
- Next-Generation DSP Platform
- Modernized Design with high resolution front panel display
Advanced 8K HDMI Platform with e-ARC Support
Feel the power of every frame with MRX Receivers and their advanced 8K HDMI 2.1 Platform with HDCP 2.3. Showcasing 7 dedicated HDMI 2.1 inputs supporting 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz pass-through and 3 HDMI outputs with eARC, you can enjoy 8K quality video from all of your 8K source devices in amazing clarity. The latest HDMI technology, allows you to take your home entertainment to the next level with HDR10+, ALLM, VRR, QMS and QFT support.
Experience Gaming Like Never Before on an MRX
Supporting the next generation of A/V formats, MRX Receivers unlock the potential of the latest generation of consoles. Experience every sight, every sound, as the MRX immerses you with stunning picture up to 8K/60Hz (4K/120Hz), and the latest generation audio formats in up to 17-channels (15.2) MRX Receivers define stateof-the-art gaming performance. Advanced processing precisely positions every sound with breathtaking realism and clarity
MRX Receivers include a robust set of streaming options that can pull your music in from local storage or from the internet. Thanks to Anthem’s high-speed processing and premium digital-to-analog conversion using high-end DACs, sound quality can be every bit as good as dropping a CD into a dedicated disc player. In some cases, high resolution streams can sound even better than CDs, approaching the quality of SACD, DVD-A, and Blu-ray audio.
The built in high performance amplifier modules can be configured in many ways to suit the specific speaker configuration. Unused amplifier channels can be re-assigned to Bi-Amplify demanding front speakers, power surrounds, presence speakers, or a second zone (Available on MRX 1140 and MRX 740).
Configure amplifier channels for your system's needs, then fully optimise the presentation with ARC Genesis.
Anthem Remote App
Gain unprecedented command over your network-enabled Anthem A/V Receiver, Processor or Pre-amplifier.
The Anthem Remote App uses a Wifi connection to simplify the configuration of supported Anthem devices. App-based controls include volume level, muting, input selection, power, listening modes, bass, treble, level trims, menu navigation, and Anthem Room Correction (ARC) control.
The Power to Engineer Your Room with Anthem Room Correction (ARC)
ARC Genesis is the newest software that works with many ARC enabled Anthem or Paradigm product. New features include support for both Mac and Windows; new target curve adjustment options including deep bass and high frequencies; improved algorithms and much more.
ARC Genesis is backwards compatible with many Anthem and Paradigm products that are ARC or PBK enabled. For a complete list, please visit AnthemARC.com. This third generation of Anthem Room Correction software represents a significant leap forward in room correction with the most comprehensive set of features yet. ARC Genesis transforms the audio performance of compatible speakers or electronics while retaining the unique character of any room. Proprietary Digital Signal Processing (DSP) software works in tandem with a calibrated microphone (provided with many ARC and PBK enabled products) to provide astonishing improvements to the sound you hear.
At Anthem, we pride ourselves on playing nice with others, no matter the ask. As a result, we’ve made the Anthem MRX Receivers the ultimate nerve centers for any home theatre or media room by treating ease of integration as a top priority. The Anthem MRX Receivers feature RS232 Serial and IP control capabilities for easy customization and compatibility with common third-party integration solutions.
This product is available to order in-store only
Anthem MRX 540 8K 7.2 Pre-Amp / 5 Amplifier Channel AV Receiver
- 7.2 pre-amplifier channels with 5 amplifier channels. 100 watts per channel continuous power into 8 ohms.
- Two paralleled subwoofer outputs
- Auto Subwoofer Phase Adjustments (ARC Genesis)
- Auto Distance & Time Alignment Adjustments (ARC Genesis)
- Latest Implementation of ARC Genesis
- Four Speaker Profile Memories
- 2” / 5 cm Speaker Distance Increments
- 0.5dB Level Increments
- Super Sub Front Setting
HDMI & Video:
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 7 in, 2 out
- Dolby Vision
- IMAX Enhanced
- HDMI 2.1 & HDCP 2.3
- HDMI eARC
- 4:4:4 Subsampling @ 8K 60 Hz (18.2 Gbps)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10+)
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
- Quick Frame Transport
- Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
- BT.2020 Color Gamut
- 8K 60 Hz / 4K 120 Hz Switching
- Zone 2 HDMI Output
- Dual HDMI Outputs
- Standby Pass-Through
- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby HD
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- IP Control
- RS-232 Control
- IR Input
- Three 12V Trigger Outputs
- Pre-made Control Drivers
- Save and Load Settings
- Import and Export Settings
- Rackmount kit (sold separately)
- Apple Airplay
- Apple Airplay 2
- Google Chromecast Audio
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Spotify Connect
- Roon (coming soon!)
- Anthem Logic
- Dolby Surround
- DTS Neural:X
- DTS Virtual:X
- All Channel Stereo
- All Channel Mono
- Anthem Web User Interface
- Advanced Load Monitoring (ALM)
- 30 Input Configurations
- Input trim adjustments
- Power-on Input Assignment
- Auto Power Off
- Eco Mode (standby)
- Over-the-air Network updates
- USB updates
- Beta updates (over-the-air)
- Backlit Remote Control
- digital audio inputs: 3 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- 7.2-channel RCA preamp outputs
- outputs for 5 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R)
- full-sized front-panel headphone jack
- Maximum Output (<0.1% THD) - 5.2 VRMS, 7.1 VRMS
- Frequency Response - 20 Hz - 30 kHz (+/-0.2dB)
- Frequency Response, Analog-Direct - N/A
- THD+N (4 Vrms output) - -100 dB
- S/N Ratio (4 Vrms output, IEC-A filter) - 110 dB
- Typical Load - 365 W
- Standby - 0.3 W
- Standby IP Control Enabled - 1.8 W
- Standby - 4.9 W
- Height (without feet) - 6" (15.24 cm)
- Height with Rackmount Kit - 4U
- Width - 17" (43.18 cm)
- Depth (including wifi and not power cord) - 14-1/2" (36.4 cm)
- Weight - 28.2 lbs, 12.8 Kg
All specifications are subject to change without notice.